Clovis Seniors Activity Center Hosts 10th Annual Classic Car Show
It was a day to look back and admire yesterday’s automotive treasures as the Clovis Senior Activity Center hosted the annual âThe Classic Car Showâ.
The event took place on October 9 from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Different styles of cars were on display to the public and even categorized into different categories based on the votes of those who participated in the vote. The vehicles that participated had the chance to win the Mayor’s Choice, the People’s Choice, the Stock Category, the Modified Category, the Entrant’s Choice and the Kids’ Choice.
The winner of each category is displayed here:
- People’s Choice: Heidi Cunha, 1969 Pontiac Firebird Modified
- Mayor’s Choice: Joe and Pat Mannino, modified 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air
- Participants’ favorite: Terry Moore, the 1965 Ford Falcon
- Children’s Favorite: James Melton, 1934 Studebaker Dictator CoupÃ©
- 1st place Stock: Pete Rocco, 1952 Ford F-1 Pick-up 1/2 ton
- 2nd Place Stock: Ron Coppola, 1968 Mustang / California Special
- 1st place modified: Marvin & Jean Flores, 1929 model A, 2-door sedan
- 2nd place modified: Dave DeLuca, 1969 Chevrolet SS 396 Chevelle
This year marked the 10th year that the center has hosted the event and was one of the biggest participations the show has seen to date. Moniqua Randolph, employee of the Clovis Senior Activity Center, expressed how happy she was to participate.
âIt was such a big success and also great to see the kids having fun and also being able to enter the contest,â said Randolph. âThey had their own category, so they could not only see these vintage cars, but also choose their favorites. Overall it was such a great success and with the great feedback we received we will be looking to improve for future shows.
This year marked the first time the event was held over a weekend and it seemed to be paying off. 75 vehicles were registered, more than their average number of registrations in previous years. This event will be held on weekends from now on.